Chitika

Amazon

Mumsnet

mumsnet

Thursday 28 June 2018

Blenheim Palace: an exquisite tonic.

Having dropped in to see my doctor on Tuesday and asking him to find a pulse, he informed me that my blood pressure has hit the roof from stress. I must immediately find a work-life balance according to him. Ha, ha. Perhaps I should have asked him to marry me straight away if only he would promise that I could finally have a rest and spend the rest of my life reclining on sable rugs and sipping champagne while draped in priceless diamonds and little else. Anyway, after snapping myself out of a pointless fantasy and having checked my blood pressure maniacally over 48 hours, I then felt courageous enough to drive down to Blenheim Palace, birthplace of Winston Churchill and home of the Duke of Marlborough. Exquisite! Priceless antiques, baroque architecture and the spoils of the family's exploits over several hundred years. I enjoyed my day and feel restored and ignoring my health worries for now.
Detail on a Roman sarcophagus, Blenheim Palace. Photo copyright SvD.

No comments:

Post a Comment