Chitika

Amazon

Mumsnet

mumsnet

Wednesday 8 August 2018

How to Live.

When I see people buying ready-made meals in the supermarket I want to scream. Cooking is easy and if you want to stay healthy, learning to cook is an absolute necessity.

I work full time and I cook every day. Why? Because I love the ritual involved plus I need to know what I am eating. I make my own bread because I loathe supermarket bread. The way I live is not extraordinary, it's how I grew up.

Tonight I was inspired to make apple sauce from the orchard outside my kitchen window (the dry summer has forced the apples to ripen months early). And pork and apples are a match made in Heaven. This meal took less than an hour from shelling the broad beans to making the apple sauce.


Broad beans in a parsley sauce, pork chop with a homemade apple sauce.
Photos copyright SvD.

No comments:

Post a Comment