Chitika

Amazon

Mumsnet

mumsnet

Saturday 5 July 2014

Art Soufflé: The MeridianFM Art Festival

Delighted to announce that the art exhibition I had in mind will now officially be known as The MeridianFM Art Festival. All praise to Peter Monnery, MD of MeridianFM who has put his faith in me once again.

So look forward to this amazing event in September- I am firming up negotiations with a very special venue deep in the Sussex forest and once a grand manor house. The venue is set in 50 acres of woodland so anyone visiting the exhibition will be able to go for a walk to contemplate their purchase. There are amazing tea rooms at the venue and the cakes are legendary! We're going to have the run of the place and a huge atrium is waiting to be filled with amongst others, a 2metre square canvas from a  well-known artist. Keep fingers crossed that I can announce this venue on my show next Wednesday.

My hat for this event is as the organiser of the only Art Festival in the East Grinstead area. We're planning to make the event annual. I'm excited and thrilled and on the look out for established artists and vibrant new talent too. The vetting process for exhibiting will include professional artists having a say as to who gets accepted- so why not register and if your work gets vetted, this could be the start of something special for you too.

I'm particularly keen to hear from sculptors and ceramicists who would like to make use of the incredible grounds at the venue.

I'm going to be approaching artists I admire and hope you will say yes! In the meantime, my work is cut out for me this week- the Art Soufflé Facebook page is almost ready, the first artist, Gill Bustamante has registered and has kindly designed our logo- see below- and I'm looking for co-sponsors, plus thinking up canapés for the opening night!


Copyright Gill Bustamante All Rights Reserved

Talk to me: samantha@londonsouffle.com if you'd like to go on this journey with me.




No comments:

Post a Comment