Chitika

Amazon

Mumsnet

mumsnet

Sunday 26 May 2013

Things I saw in the woods today, part 20

Ever since I was a child I have been fascinated by the natural world. As a very young thing I remember disappearing into shrubs and bushes and going to commune with the fairies therein. I was a solitary little kid and probably still am the same. Images like this tree which remains a favourite of mine in the woods near where I live now, mean everything to me. I could lay under this tree forever and simply gaze at it in wonder.
This next photo is of some lilac coloured flowers in the meadow- I know not their name so please just enjoy looking at them as I do.

This last shot is the flowering plantain which is captivating with its halo of flowers. The plantain keeps the buttercups company and the two are inseparable in the meadows. Some plants just like being together like beet and nettle which are always found within very close proximity of each other.

Photos copyright SvD.




No comments:

Post a Comment