Chitika

Amazon

Mumsnet

mumsnet

Tuesday 28 May 2013

The present moment is inevitable

I just about caught the baby robin on camera- that circle in the middle of the photo is the fledgling who had hopped out of his nest (which is next to where he is standing) to watch the hound and I walk past. Apologies but I had around 10 seconds to take the shot and the sun was in the wrong place! I now recognise the 'tweet, tweet' of the baby as he sits in the nest calling out to his mum to bring him food. I see the mum flying back and forth. But the baby is also inadvertently calling his enemies. I saw a squirrel and magpie - the evil Darth Vader of the poultry world  - circling under the nest. Both were licking their chops. The baby robin is easy prey for his predators and by tweeting for his mum he is making his location known to all and sundry. Isn't the baby's predicament the height or irony?

On Sunday I did my usual show Your Happy Memories and the topic was "the evil that men do". I suppose that one would be quick to point out that the world is full of injustice and wouldn't it be awful if the baby robin became someone's lunch. Suddenly the magpie and squirrel would be called 'bad'. I think there is an inevitability in life that is neither 'good' nor 'bad' and try as we might, we cannot prevent it.

Photo copyright SvD.

No comments:

Post a Comment